What is IPAF?
IPAF stands for International Powered Access Federation.
When you go on a course delivered by an IPAF training centre you will be trained how to use powered access vehicles and safety around them . Part of the training is a theory test, and multiple choice written test.
After successful completion, a IPAF license card will be issued.
IPAF cards last 5 years , so it is important to keep it in date, as safety regulations can change, it is also important, as you might not be able to use a machine with an expired card.
Training is separated into various categories, depending on they type of machines you will be using:
- IPAF Harness Training which teaches you how to use a harness effectively
- Static Vertical (1a): Vertical personnel platforms (static)
- Static Boom (1b, 1b+): Self-propelled booms (outriggers), trailers/push-arounds, vehicle-mounted platforms
- Mobile Vertical (3a, 3a+): Scissor lifts, vertical personnel platforms (mobile)
- Mobile Boom (3b, 3b+): Self-propelled booms
- Push Around Vertical (PAV): Push around verticals
- Special (SPECIAL): Specialist machines
We offer IPAF courses at our Belfast Depot every week. Contact us on 0289045 8080 to discuss!