- Move breakable objects, plants and garden furniture out of the way.
- Wear appropriate clothing, our power washers start at 2000psi, wear shoes with a rubber sole – this should stop any slipping. Don’t wear shorts either, dirt and debris will be easily lifted by a power hose, and you don’t want your legs to get covered! Our depots can supply you with footwear.
- Brush large areas clean of standing dirt, such as leaves or stones.
- Smaller power washers connect to a hose, our power-washers use a submersible pump, this means they need a large bucket or even a (clean and empty) bin full of water to get going.
- Turn on the machine, we have handy “how to videos” for both petrol and diesel machines.
- Once machine is on, keep the nozzle around half a metre away from the surface, any closer and you could damage the surface. Keep the nozzle at around a 45-degree angle, if you point it straight down you won’t move the water flow, and the dirt away from you.
- If you want to use a detergent, its best to give the area a soak first, then apply your detergent. Follow the manufactures guidelines. Some are left for around 30-60minutes, then you can power hose it all away.
- Never point a power-washer at an animal or another person.
How to use a Power-Washer
Don’t just start the machine and go.Some prep work is needed.